Look Into My Eyes, Felted Eye Mask
Yes, eye masks can be super useful. But, are they fun? And by fun I mean do they creep out your partner?
No? Well, let's change that!
I repurposed my cute kitty eye mask by building on top of it for extra comfort. The things you'll need for this project are:
- Ping pong ball or foam ball, cut in half with an Xacto knife
- Either needle and thread and hot glue gun. Or just a hot glue gun.
- Black permanent marker
1. First things first, you'll need to chop those eyeballs in half. The PLASTIC eyeballs. Don't hurt yourself, please! I use an Xacto knife and carefully cut away from me. The edges don't have to be perfect, it's going to get covered anyways.
2. Start cutting out your felt pieces. The main one being one that is slightly bigger than your mask since you will want to fold it over and either sew or glue it. I cut a slit on each side so I can fold the felt over without trapping the elastic.
3. Now for the character building! Make pupils with your marker and glue the eyeballs in place on your folded over felt. I used a needle to show me where the center was so I could line up the eyes and nose to mine. (We're going for super accuracy, obviously). I like to cut out big bean shaped felt to create some dimension. Make it as understated or elaborate as you want!
4. Test it out! Are you getting great sleep? Is your partner not? Perfect! It's working great! Let me know how yours turned out by tagging @papallamamama on your IG post!